NEW YORK, June 1, 2018 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Healthfirst, a not-for-profit health insurance company in New York City, is hosting more than 125 physicians and healthcare administrators at its semiannual Provider Symposium, “Addressing the Health Needs and Goals of Millennial New Yorkers,” today at The New York Academy of Sciences, 250 Greenwich Street, New York, NY. These symposia provide an opportunity to share best practices and hear about advances from leaders seeking to transform the healthcare system, raise quality of care for consumers, and improve health outcomes for all New Yorkers.
“Understanding the unique healthcare needs and preferences of our members is vital so that Healthfirst can continue its 25-year tradition of providing access to high-quality care,” said Susan Beane, MD, Healthfirst Vice President and Medical Director, whose Clinical Partnerships program has shepherded the Provider Symposium series since its inception seven years ago. “Much like the generations that came before them, Millennials will face their own unique challenges, and today’s panel of speakers will offer the kind of insights into this population that will make a significant impact on how our providers treat these members.”
The speakers for today’s symposium include:
- Denard O. Cummings, MPA, Director, Bureau of Social Determinants of Health Division of Program Development and Management, New York State Department of Health
- Mireille Seneclauze Mclean, MA, MPH, Deputy Director of Programs, Public Health Solutions
- Jonathan Zipkin, MD, MA, FAAP, Regional Lead Physician – Manhattan, Brooklyn, Staten Island and Regional Medical Informatics Officer – NY Market for Northwell Health – GoHealth Urgent Care
- Fabienne Laraque, MD, MPH, Medical Director, New York City Department of Homeless Services/Department of Social Services
- David Nemiroff, LCSW, President and Chief Executive Officer, Long Island FQHC, Inc.
- Shai J. Lauros, Msc. RUP, MArch, National Health Director, Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Marissa Martin, LMSW, Northeast Director, Young Invincibles
For more information about our services for providers, including the Clinical Partnerships program, please visit https://healthfirst.org/providers/